Nov 2, 2008

Introduction To Destruction

Hi. I'm Jill and I'm a writer. Jaclyn and Jenn, my two partners-in-crime, are also writers. The three of us are first year Journalism students at Holland College in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. We didn't know each other before starting the program but we became friends in the classroom and decided to start a blog together.
Why? Because we're that awesome.
We decided to call the blog The J List because, well, our names all happen to start with J. Simple as that... Also, The A List was already taken, as was My Life On The D List.
Curse you, Kathy Griffin. And your little Emmy too!
So. What might you want to know about us? I'll start with moi.
My name is Jillianne Hamilton and I'm from a tiny town in Nova Scotia. I've been blogging since February 2008 when I started (the now slightly popular within the college blogosphere) Kill Jill Goes To College. I started writing for another college blog, myUsearch, soon after. I decided to pursue a career in Journalism because writing has always been a passion of mine. My main journalistic interest is Entertainment Journalism. Y'know, music, movies, theatre, reviews, that kinda stuff. If you'd like to learn more about little old me, visit my official website.
One of the first people I met here in Charlottetown was Jennifer Michels. She's from Amherst, Nova Scotia and is definitely the girly-girl of our little group. Every time we pass the pet store in the Confederation Mall, she says hello to this white bunny she desperately wants. Jenn loves all things pink, worships Marilyn Monroe and dreams of buying a Chanel purse. Jenn wants to work in broadcasting, advertising or for a fashion magazine. One of my favorite things about Ms. Michels is this: she's her own person. Headstrong, yes, but she is who she is and she's damned proud of it.
Although I have a few things in common with Jenn, I probably have more in common with Jaclyn Crawford, a native of Charlottetown. On the first day of class, I noticed her one-of-a-kind earrings, various facial piercings and a wardrobe like that of Cyndi Lauper. Or a crazy person. Or a mix of both. Jaclyn is a bigger indie music fiend than me, which is an impressive endeavor. She's like a magnet to music shows around town and practically lives at Back Alley Music. Jaclyn did a year at UPEI and then will go back after she's done the Journalism program at Holland College. After that, who the hell knows.
Anyway. That's us, in an awkwardly-shaped nutshell. If you have any comments, you can leave them on the blog. You can also email us anytime at xthejlistx@gmail.com and one of us will get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment